zoom Danish shipping company Dampskibsselskabet Norden A/S (Norden) has purchased a 2009-built MR product tanker with a cargo capacity of 50,000 tonnes, taking advantage of low asset prices on the back of weakening tanker markets.The South Korean-built vessel is expected to be delivered in July 2017 and will be renamed Nord Pearl.The purchase marks Norden’s first tanker acquisition since it sold 3 Handysize product tankers last year.In addition to the purchase of Nord Pearl, Norden has entered into long term charter agreements for a further 2 MR product tanker newbuildings and has thus concluded 4 MR product tanker newbuilding charters so far this year. The vessels are scheduled to be delivered to the company in the years 2018-2020. All agreements are with purchase options.“Norden used the strong tanker market in 2015 and first half of 2016 to take cover. The increase in cover led to a decrease in capacity for 2017 and onwards, but in the wake of the weakening market, Norden has taken advantage of the reduced tonnage prices to increase our capacity and exposure at attractive cost levels. We can do this in the comfort of having an excellent product tanker operating arm in form of Norient Product Pool, and benefit of the premium earnings that they generate,” Jan Rindbo, the company’s CEO, said in a comment.At the end of first quarter of 2017, Norden’s tanker fleet consisted of 36 vessels – 25 MRs with a cargo capacity of 45,000-50,000 tonnes and 11 Handysize vessels with a cargo capacity of 35,000-37,000 tonnes. 19 tankers are owned by Norden while the rest are chartered vessels.
VICTORIA – British Columbia is preparing to file a lawsuit as early as next week to have Alberta’s new fuel restriction law declared unconstitutional.Attorney General David Eby says B.C. will file its lawsuit in the Court of Queen’s Bench in Alberta.He says B.C. will apply for an injunction and seek damages if Alberta uses the new law to restrict fuel flows to the West Coast.The Alberta government is expected to pass its Preserving Canada’s Economic Prosperity Act as early as today.Kathleen Ganley, Alberta’s justice minister and solicitor general, says in a letter to Eby that Bill 12 protects Alberta’s economic interests and those of all Canadians.The legal dispute between Alberta and B.C. is part of an ongoing and escalating national feud over the $7.4 billion Trans-Mountain pipeline expansion project from northern Alberta to Burnaby, B.C.
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Jamaica, November 3, 2017 – Kingston – The Government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) for the provision of technical assistance to the Ministry of Health valued at US$564,297. This will assist the Government’s plans to construct the Western Regional Children’s Hospital. The four-month consultancy will be implemented at a cost of US$146,663.It will also help in boosting the infrastructure and medical equipment of five hospitals, namely, Spanish Town, May Pen, St. Ann’s Bay Regional, Mandeville Regional and the Kingston Public. This consultancy will be implemented over a six-month period at a fee of US$417,634.The MOU was signed by Portfolio Minister, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton; Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Sancia Bennett Templer; and Head of UNOPS Operations in Central America, Colombia and the Caribbean, Ingar Falck Olsen, at Jamaica House in Kingston, on October 31.Dr. Tufton said both projects fall in line with the Ministry’s overarching goal of developing a comprehensive 10-year Strategic Development Plan for the health sector as part of the integrated health-service-delivery framework. He pointed out that the partnership for the construction of the Western Regional Children’s Hospital will include preparation of the project document, project charter for the construction of the hospital and reviewing technical documents – preliminary designs/drawings and medical equipment list.Dr. Tufton noted that these will ensure optimal operation of the new hospital, given the current epidemiological profile and the projected growing needs of the population to be served.“The analysis of the medical equipment list to be provided by the Government of China will ensure that there is no duplication and that all planned health services receive enough reliable equipment to bring quality support to the targeted population,” he said.The Minister added that ground will be broken for the new 220-bed hospital next year. He said that upgrading of the hospitals will see Spanish Town Hospital moving from Type B to Type A, May Pen Hospital from Type C to Type B, St. Ann’s Bay Regional and Mandeville Regional Hospitals from Type B to Type A hospitals.Dr, Tufton noted that for the Kingston Public Hospital, the study will assess the current infrastructure, organisation and services of the hospital and assess the feasibility of the renovation, expansion and the reorganization of the hospital to enhance the quality of services and efficiency of the hospital. He said that while the country’s health infrastructure faces many challenges and budgetary constraints, the Government is committed to universal access to health and universal healthcare coverage.“We are moving ahead to fill gaps, and despite challenges within the sector, the Ministry of Health remains committed to improving our infrastructure, which is critical for effective healthcare delivery. We are committed to improving the physical facilities that make care accessible, inclusive of laboratories, and other support facilities, pharmaceuticals, health information system and the appropriate human resources,” he said.In the meantime, the Minister pointed out that the Government has spent just under $800 million to improve infrastructure in some of the island’s hospitals. He cited recent renovations at the Noel Holmes Hospital and the St. Ann’s Bay Regional Hospital. For his part, Mr. Olsen said UNOPS works in approximately 100 middle- and high-income countries.“Usually, Governments have asked us to get engaged in more health-related areas and, therefore, during the last five to 10 years, there’s been a real shift in our focus towards health infrastructure, equipment, procurement, maintenance, pharmaceuticals and construction and rehabilitation of hospitals,” he said.Release: JIS Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
March 6, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News Tags: Arlington High School, sports, Torrey Pines High School FacebookTwitter Posted: March 6, 2018 Updated: 8:42 PM KUSI Sports, KUSI Sports 40 Arlington HS fans ejected for ‘unruly behavior’ from soccer game against Torrey Pines Roughly 40 Arlington fans were ejected Tuesday night from a Southern California Regional soccer game between Torrey Pines High School and Arlington High School from Riverside.The fans were asked to leave with just seven minutes left in the game for “unruly behavior.”Others attending the game reported that the coach for Arlington High School apologized to Torrey Pines for the fans’ behavior.