DONEGAL HOTEL ORDERED TO PAY €3,500 FOR CHILD FOOD POISONING CASE

first_imgAN award-winning Co Donegal hotel has been ordered to pay a six year old boy €3,500 for a bout of Gastroentritis he suffered after eating at the hotel.Letterkenny Circuit Court was told the boy suffered a 24 hour bout of the condition but has made a full recovery.He had been at Harvey’s Point Hotel with his parents in 2008 when he suffered the food poisoning illness. “The boy is now six but was 18 months old when this happened in 2008,” said counsel for the child Gareth Kinsella.“It was a 24-hour virus and the boy has no recollection of the incident now.”Mr Kinsella told Judge John O’Hagan that neither the boy nor his parents could be in court today as they were ill.But the boy’s grandmother was in court to represent them.Judge O’Hagan said he was sure the illness was ‘dreadful’ at the time and agreed the award and said it would be a good “nest egg” for the boy.DONEGAL HOTEL ORDERED TO PAY €3,500 FOR CHILD FOOD POISONING CASE was last modified: January 29th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:500 FOR CHILD FOOD POISONING CASEDONEGAL HOTEL ORDERED TO PAY €3harvey’s pointlast_img read more

Read More »