Finn Harps slam another postponement as they are hit in the pocket again

first_imgFinn Harps have hit out at yet another postponement of one of their game saying it will damage them financially. The postponement of their home League of Ireland Premier Division game against Cork City for a second time in the space of less than six weeks is going to pose very serious budgetary difficulties in the short term, according to Secretary John Campbell.Harps was officially notified by the FAI on Friday that the game against Cork was being put back because the Leesiders have two players Kevin O’Connor and Sean Maguire included in a Republic of Ireland U21 squad. It has now been confirmed that the rescheduled fixture has been put back two weeks and will now take place on Monday the 19th of September.“First of all I want to wish the two Cork City players Kevin O’Connor and Sean Maguire well on their call up to the Irish U21 squad. Cork was entitled to seek a postponement and we have no problem with that but it’s the second time that our home match against them has been called off.“The first time was because of their European commitments. The game has now been put back two weeks until the 19th of September. The problem for us is that we had budgeted for a significant amount of money in gate receipts from the Cork match in Ballybofey on Tuesday week the 6th of September.“We need that income on that week to help keep the club ticking over and pay the bills including the players’ wages. So the postponement of the Cork game for a second time in the space of six weeks is very hard for a part-time club like Finn Harps to cope with this type of financial hit,” Mr Campbell concluded. Finn Harps slam another postponement as they are hit in the pocket again was last modified: August 28th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More »

New tool an eyeopening advancement in treating glaucoma

first_imgA snorkel-shaped device no bigger than a flea is the latest technology offering relief to Clark County residents with glaucoma.The titanium device is only 1 millimeter long and one-third millimeter tall, but it has the potential to make a big difference in the lives of people with mild to moderate glaucoma.The device offers an alternative to traditional methods of treating glaucoma, an alternative more advanced than medicated eyedrops but less intensive than surgery, said Dr. Silvio Gurdian, an eye surgeon for 15 years.Gurdian has implanted the device, called the iStent, in two area residents since beginning to offer the procedure earlier this summer at the Vancouver Eye Care ambulatory eye center. He hopes the procedure will help to prevent the riskier surgeries required for advanced glaucoma.“Surgical advances in glaucoma have been challenging and slow to be adopted by eye surgeons due to complexity, cost and high risk of complications,” he said. “Therefore, many patients with glaucoma remain undertreated.”Glaucoma affects millions of people and is one of the leading causes of blindness in the U.S., according to the Mayo Clinic.Glaucoma is not a single eye disease but rather a group of eye conditions causing optic nerve damage that can result in vision loss. Most often, the damage is caused by abnormally high pressure in the eye, according to Mayo Clinic.last_img read more

Read More »